President Donald Trump is a businessman — one who enjoys the spotlight but obviously enjoys doing actual work even more. Within the first 72 hours of his presidency, he’s already completed an impressive checklist of to-do’s that is making his supporters fall even more in love with his will to make America great again.
Below is an updated list of important actions he’s taken, including moves to begin the long rollback of Obama’s disastrous policies.
Courtesy of Fox2News:
- Taken over running of the entire federal government.
- Issued an executive order aimed at rolling back former President Barack Obama’s Affordable Care Act.
- Halted a reduction to the annual mortgage insurance premiums borrowers pay when taking out government-backed home loans.
- Ordered agencies to freeze new regulations, giving the new administration time to review them.
- Received a key legal OK from the Justice Department for Trump son-in-law Jared Kushner to take on a role in the White House.
- Met with the CIA, where he addressed employees. Trump also took over the nuclear codes.
- Spoke to the Mexican president and said the two will meet at the end of January.
- Spoke to the Canadian prime minister about the two nations’ economic relationship.
- Announced he has meetings with leaders in Mexico and Canada to begin re-negotiating NAFTA.
- Announced his first foreign leader meeting will be Friday with the United Kingdom Prime Minister Theresa May.
- Signaled a shift in the Justice Department’s civil rights efforts when it requested a delay in the lawsuit over a Texas law requiring voters to present certain types of government-issued IDs.
- Prepared to issue more executive orders this week. Told the National Park Service not to tweet after it retweeted side-by-side images showing the crowd at former President Barack Obama’s 2009 inauguration and Trump’s inauguration.
- Began discussions about moving the US embassy in Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. Confronted his first national disaster as President, deadly tornadoes in Georgia.
- Issued executive orders to withdraw from the Trans Pacific Partnership trade deal negotiations, as well as executive order on abortion and lobbyists who want to work in the White House.
Share this epic list on Facebook if you’re proud of our new president for getting straight to work for the American people!